Total No. of vacancies – approx.6948 including 3621 ITI and 3327 Non-ITI
Age Limit – Between 14 to 22 years.
- For Non-ITI Category – Candidates should have passed Class 10 or equivalent.
- For ITI Category – Candidates should have passed ITI/trade test from any institute recognized.
Selection Process – Candidates selected on the basis of performance of the candidates in the written examination held by OFB Apprentice Recruitment Board.
Application Fee – Candidates are not required to pay any fee for the examination.
How to Apply – Application form for Ordnance Factory OFB Trade Apprentice Recruitment 2017 can be filled online from the official website ofb.gov.in.
|Submission of Online Application starts from
|20 Jan 2017
|Closing date of submission of Online Application
OFB Apprentice Recruitment 2017 Eligibility Criteria
For Non-ITI Category
Passed “Madhyamik” (Class: 10th standard or equivalent) with minimum 40% marks in aggregate with 40% marks in each of mathematics & Science.
For ITI Category
Should have passed ITI/trade test from any institute recognized by NCVT (SCVT or any other authority specified through Gazette Notification of Ministry of Labour &Employment / Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, with duration as per the Apprentice Act, 1961) and should possess the qualification of the closing date of application.
Age Limit : Between 14 to 22 years as on last date of application, Relaxation in Upper age limit is permitted as under:
- For SC/ST Candidates – 05 years
- For OBC Candidates – 03 years
- For PH / PC or Differently Abled Candidates – Additional 10 years
- For ITI Candidates – Upper age limit is relaxable by the period of training already undergone as per the normal duration of NCVT/SCVT, in the relevant trade.
OFB Apprentice Recruitment 2017 Exam Pattern
The written examination will be as follows:
For Non-ITI Candidates:
Written Test (One Paper of 03 hours duration, total questions 150) consisting of questions on English, General Knowledge, Mathematics and Aptitude/Reasoning, as per Madhyamik ( Class: X th Standard or equivalent).
For ITI Candidates:
Written Test (one paper consisting of 02 parts of 03 hours duration, total questions 150)
- PART – A: Questions on English, General Knowledge, Mathematics and Aptitude/Reasoning approx. 40% out of total number of questions.
- PART – B: Questions on the group of subject trades – approx. 60% out of total number of questions.
Examination will be conducted on ‘Multiple Choice Objective Type Test’ on OMR sheet. There will be no negative marking.
Medium Examination – 3 Languages formula: candidate can choose English or Hindi or language of the state in which ordnance factory chosen by the candidate is located (Bengali/ Marathi/ Oriya/ Tamil/ Telugu).
Centre will be allotted w.r.t. location of the ordnance factory and medium of examination chosen by the candidate in one of the 12 centres viz. Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jabalpur Kolkata, Kanpur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Trichy.
Instruction to Candidates
Applicants are advised to note the following instructions carefully:
- Candidates will have to apply on-line only through the link appearing in this advertisement.
- Candidates are not required to pay any fee for the examination.
- It is to be noted that mere submission of application form, receipt of ‘acknowledgement’, receipt of admit card and appearance in examination does not guarantee induction as trade apprenticeship in any of the Ordnance Factories. The selection of candidates will be made based on factory-wise merit position considering available vacancies category-wise, scrutiny of original copy of credentials, clear police verification report & medical test etc.
- The candidates are required to carefully go through the advertisement in detail. The candidates automatically agree to the terms and conditions of this advertisement by clicking the Apply Online Button in this Advertisement.
- If any candidate is found using any type of unfair means during the examination, the candidature of the candidate shall be debarred summarily and the candidate shall not be allowed to appear in any of the exams/written test conducted by Ordnance Factories at a future date.
- Decision of Ordnance Factories in all matters relating to the eligibility, acceptance/rejection of any application, allotment of language, examination centre etc. will be final and binding on the candidate and no inquiry/correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification of document, at any time before or after the written examination, it is found that the candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature for the examination shall be cancelled by OFB or concerned Ordnance Factories / units.
Official Website : ofb.gov.in
SURA’S Wishing You All The Best ! !
[highlight bgcolor=”#1e73be”]CLICK HERE[/highlight] : Ordnance Factory Board ( OFB ) Trade Apprentices ( Non ITI & ITI Candidates ) Exam Books 2017