GATE 2018 Registrations Begin at gate.iitg.ac.in: 5 Easy Steps to Apply Online
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2018) application process has started on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitg.ac.in
All the interested candidates need to apply though GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
The GATE 2018 will be held by the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT G) on February 3, February 4 and February 10, February 11, 2018.
How to apply for GATE 2018
1. Go to the official website of GOAPS, gate.iitg.ac.in
2. Registered yourself as a new user using a valid email ID and mobile number
3. Log on using your enrollment ID and password
4. Fill in all the required details in the prescribed format
5. Upload photograph, signature and complete the payment process
Note: After submitting the application form, candidates are advised to take print out of the same for future use.
For examination centres in India
- Female candidates: Rs 750
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates: Rs 750
- All other candidates: Rs 1500
For examination centres in foreign countries (all candidates)
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: USD 50
- Dubai and Singapore: USD 100
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width X 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate is required for the application form.
- The photograph must be in COLOR and taken after 01 August 2017 in a professional studio.
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm X 7 cm (Height X Width) on an A4 white paper. Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box
- The signature with all capital letters capital letters or in any other color (other than black and blue) will not be accepted
GATE is administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (namely, IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee). The GATE Committee, which comprises of representatives from the administering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and for declaring the results.
About GATE exam
Examination for all the 23 subjects (papers) will be conducted as Online Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The candidates will use only an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
Note: The examination for some of the papers in GATE 2018 may be held in multiple sessions. However, a candidate can appear for the examination in one session only.